Dear CAASSA Clients,
In order to protect our clients and workers by reducing the spread of the Coronavirus Disease, CAASSA has made some changes to our usual activities and support services from 19/03/2020. We request your cooperation and understanding at this time as we follow the recommendations made by the Department of Health.
The following changes will be applied:
All social and education groups will be cancelled or postponed in line with social distancing recommendations (to keep a distance of at least 1.5 metres apart from other persons).
One on one client appointments will still proceed under the following circumstances:
- CAASSA staff will do a pre-appointment screening phone call with the client
- The client is not experiencing any cold/flu symptoms (cough, sore throat, runny nose, fever)
- The client has not been back from overseas in the past 14 days
- The client has not had close contacts with people who have travelled overseas in the past 14 days
- The client has not been in contact with someone who has tested positive to Coronavirus in the past 14 days
- Robust hand hygiene is followed (wash hands with soap and water before and after meeting or apply alcohol based hand sanitiser)
- No direct contact between client and worker (i.e. hand shaking, touching, consumption of food or drink)
- Coughs and sneezes are covered (elbow or tissue is recommended)
- Used tissues are disposed of immediately and alcohol based hand sanitiser or hand washing is applied
If the above recommendations cannot be met and/or the client or worker is experiencing suspect symptoms, alternate contact can be arranged such as phone counselling.
What to do if you are feeling unwell:
- If you are severely unwell, such as having difficulty breathing, call 000
- If you have travelled overseas in the past 14 days or been in contact with anyone who has travelled overseas recently and/or has had the Coronavirus Disease symptoms, phone your GP for medical advice and isolate yourself
- If you have not travelled overseas recently or been in contact with anyone who has travelled or had the virus but are feeling unwell, visit your usual GP and avoid contact with others
For more information, you can contact the National Coronavirus Information Hotline on 1800 020 080 or ask your CAASSA worker to provide you with an update from the Department of Health and SA Health website